Search This Blog

Thursday 11 November 2010

BuzzBait Review


Assalamualaikum dan welcome~~

I have been quite actively fishing back again after having a break for almost 3 months now. The last fishing trip was during Ramadhan and it was kinda how to say, a bit adventurous for me and my baby car lol~~ That was because I went to Danau alone and I was with front-end car, so anytime I can be stuck there and prolly I would have to call 247.

Anyway, after a 8 months delay on my awaited lures and finally arrived last October, I gave it a another smacked to the same place I have tried with every single lures I've got. But this time around, I have the Buzz bait grayish/black-spot 1/8 with red spinner, chateaus/white 1/4 yellow spinner and black skirts 3/4 with red spinner colour. I accidentally lost the 3/4 ones due to snap off from the line... too strong of flicking the lures~~ lol... and I am left with the twos. Apparently, until now I didn't catch any~~ but~~ I didn't say the fish didn't chase these lures. Seriously I saw 2-3 fishes chasing these lures especially the darker coloured ones, and it was during day time. These fishes were Selunsong (Barra) and I think they specifically couldn't resist moving fat healthy thing and it was quite frustrating for me, but on the other hand, the Mangrove jack and Lauk Putih (Crevally Jack) didn't chase the lures like the Barra did. I missed like 3 misses or so during the 'afternoon meal' hour on a range period of 10mins of casting and another missed during the "night meal" hour on a range period of 40mins of casting. Last year during my first acquired of Buzz bait, it was a 1/8 Black Skirts with Yellow Buzz, and I was quite frustrated and I kept Buzz bait while I was on a hit with a soft-bait lures. In the end, I run out of soft-bait, so I tried again with my Buzz bait. Apparently, that night, something snagged my Buzz bait but I missed it. So, I put my trusted lotion on it, and I went to a hotspot, and it was confirmed Barra did take the bait on a 20mins range of period of casting, I missed one and bring back 2 Barra to the hut. I was quite amazed with the time taken and the effectiveness of the Buzz bait. So, I sat down and thought back what I did wrong when I first tried the Buzz bait. And I came to realise that the way I retrieved it was on top while Barra was on the bottom, but yet, I was following the method of retrieving it from the video.

Anyhow, I flicked again my Buzz bait from the hut and I realised the water level was quite high with clear sky during that time, and to my amazed, I saw again couples of desperate Barras chasing my lures. It wasn't 2 or 3 Barras only but in fact it was 4 Barras total chasing from top. During the retrieving of the Buzz bait, it was just somewhat less than a meter from the water surface, and it wasn't long enough for the Buzz bait to escape from the horny Barras, my Buzz bait sunk down under and my bait-casting reel turned wildly and with my quick move, I slowly tighten my drag and up Barra in a fight less than a min or so. At the end of the event of that night fishing, I managed to pull 4 Barras in less than an hr or so and 3 missed. So again, I tried the same lure the week after at the same location but this time the water was shallow, and as a result, no respond closer to the hut but the hot-spot did give me 2 Barras only.

And since that time, Buzz bait gave me a more confident that to come to think of it, I didn't know this lure really works though, from the looks of it, there's no way it looks like a fish to us but to the marines, it may say otherwise. So I went to research on the differences of colours, apparently it does give some effect on the success rate of fishing, but~~ there are fishes that can't see colours, so~~ the conclusion was, it does explain why the Black Buzz bait was chased by Barra but not by Mangroves jack and Lauk putih. I tried the black ones during day time but to no avail, instead I have quite a number of pulls with the brighter ones. Mind you, the way of retrieving is important as well, coz you prolly need to target whether the fish is on the bottom or on top level of the water or in between. Personally, this Buzz bait do listed under my favourite lures because of the effectiveness against specific fish like Barras and Bass.

And as below, the grades are given.
Design : 9 (it has different bents n bolds, skirts can be bought and changed)
Quality : 10 (from the ones I had, the metal is strong and the painting stay intact.)
Features : 8 (It has holes in each of the Buzz and its the noisiest Buzz bait in the market)
Useability : 9 (It is the easiest to use due to just retrieve and you can control whether you want it on top, suspending or bottom)
Application : 10 (99% payah kan menyangkut, dpt dipakai kawasan yang bekayu atau bedahan and that is because the Buzz and the weight has block-weed system which can assist in avoiding the lures from snagged.)
Tot. score : 9.2
Distributor : You can email me for queries.  Soon, I'll have separate links for price and package.

No comments:

Post a Comment